Friday, June 15, 2012

New, New Refugium.


I have Made Many changes to my 125gallon aquarium. If you watched my video that I posted in my last blog then you would have seen my 29 gallon tank that I turned into my Wet dry/ Refugium. well I have recently invested in a 55 gallon tank that I bought used so that I could turn that into my refugium because the 29 gallon tank just wasn't big enough to fit my protein skimmer and my UV Sterilizer in it. Though this process wasn't as easy as I had hoped. I will walk you through the process and explain it the best I can.

This is the 55 gallon tank after I added the glass dividers. I accidentally got white silicone instead of clear. Its not a problem. Its just kind of an eye sore.
The first 2 pieces of glass weren't cut right for some reason so they ended up not being level.

Once all the dividers were dry I went to the next step of installing it. That was a problem also since the tank didn't fit under the stand. Something i wasn't prepared for. So i adapted to my new problem and I had to empty the tank to slide it away from the wall and cut one of the beems off the back so that I could slide the tank in. 


 
this is the board I had to cut off.. once the rafugium was in place i put some brackets on this board to put in back into place. I don't have pics of that part of the process though.




This Dry portion with the Bio-Balls isn't accurate. I just didn't want to throw the Bio-Balls away so I just threw them into this chamber.


 I was considering adding filter socks but until i figure out how I want that set up I just added foam inserts to stop free flowing junk in the water.


The last chamber has my UV Sterilizer and my protein skimmer. I have heard of people not using a protein skimmer when they have a refugium but I have been running a refugium since I started this tank and it does great but when i added the protein skimmer to the tank it started pulling out a lot of junk so i decided to keep it.
 
 
 
Ignore the following....
Tags: Corals, Fragging, Xenia coral, mushroom corals, aquarium, 125 gallon, gal, Reef tank, huge aquarium, large, live rock, salt water, ocean, Fiji mud, Refugium, metal halides, 175w, 250w, 300w, calcium, iodine, blue tang, shrimp, yellow tang, clown fish, angel fish, foxface rabbitfish,Trigger, fish, Niger Trigger, Clown, Clown fish, Percula Clownfish, Tang, Yellow Tang, Custom Aquarium, Custom aquatics, living reef, reef, reef aquarium, 125 gallon aquarium, refugium, mud, live rock, live sand, deep sandbed, sand bed, corals, sps, over flow, blue regal tang, hippo tang, green chromis, foxface, foxface rabbitfish, one spot, anthias, mushroom corals, duncan corals, algae, LFS, Extreme aquarium, ultimate aquarium, coral beauty angel fish, lunar wrasse, DIY aquarium, Custom stand, LED Lights, 120 watt LED's, reef lighting, lights, salt water, deep sea, amazing aquatics, ocean,


No comments:

Post a Comment