Monday, April 9, 2012

Current Project



This is the aquarium I currently have.  It’s a 125 gallon tank filtered by a sump/refugium I made out of an old 29 gallon tank and an overflow I got off of www.drsfostersmith.com since this tank was not predrilled. I realize that trying to drill an overflow in a glass aquarium is not wise since the glass is tempered and will shatter very easily when trying to drill through it. There is still much work to be done and will be done when money permits. At the moment there are a few tangs along with two black and white clownfish and a few chromis. I have rebuilt the canopy since the hinges, brakets and even the balesk for the lighting were all rusted out when I bought the used aquarium. Since the brackets I swoped out were replaced by metal ones I know that they will eventually rust also. Maybe I need to find some kind of spray to cover metal components to prevent rusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment