Monday, April 23, 2012

Fast Algae growth


About a month ago I went to this aquarium store called Matts Coral Connection ( http://www.mattscoralconnection.com/ ) to get algae for my refugium. I picked up

Spaghetti Algae mixed with Caulerpa, only about a hand full but it was very cheap. The algae help to keep your water conditions where you need them by removing harmfull bacteria from the water that the fish put into it. The handfull they gave me had a few copepods in it as free bees. Since then the ball of algae has more than doubled in size along with a lot more copepods all over the place which are good for some types of fish to feed off of. This was deffinatly a great investment.

 In my photo of my refugium you can sort of see the algae at right about a month in the refugium. It’s helped so much that my 125 gallon salt water aquarium has yet to need a water change.

No comments:

Post a Comment